CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Role Play reflection

I feel that it is a little bit too early for me to write a reflection on the role play... I need to have it "settle" in my brain...
For now I can say that I have been using the learning and experience happening during the role play in my own classroom. We have started a "Homework - Friend or Foe" (the favorite subject and gripe of my 9th graders) as a role play. We are using a wiki (Moodle turned out to be too complicated with lots of outside people involved in setting it up). The students have really enjoyed writing up their own little personas. The set-up itself provided a lot of opportunities for teaching, and I hope that the momentum will carry us through the debate itself.
I feel like I should link my wiki here, but somehow I feel squeamish about sharing that with "the world". So, if anyone wants to look at our masterpiece, please email me and I will gladly share a link.
As far as our own role-play is concerned, I can say that I did not particularly enjoy the format of a Ning. It is a bit too confusing for me. So I have no regrets about the Ning being blocked on the district server. Other than that I loved the experience. But like I said earlier, I need to let it stew for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment